Thank you for considering a cat or kitten for adoption from Tender Loving Cats, Inc. Tender Loving Cats, Inc. would like to place each of its cats in the most appropriate home, and therefore requests that you to complete an adoption application. You must be at least 25 years old with current ID showing name, address & telephone number. If you are living with your parents, one of them must co-sign the final Adoption Agreement. All of our adoptable cat/kitten(s) are on our Petfinder and their adoption status is updated daily. Email email@example.com with any questions or use our contact us page.
Adoption fees are a donation toward the medical treatment, spay/neuter and daily care of preparing and maintaining a cat/kitten for adoption. All cats and kittens adopted from Tender Loving Cats, Inc. are spayed/neutered prior to adoption as a part of our mission to reduce the numbers of homeless cats and kittens on Long Island. Tender Loving Cats, Inc. does not sell animals.
Our Adoption & Rescue Procedure
Tender Loving Cats, Inc. takes pride in the standard of veterinary care, socialization and adoptive homes we provide to each and every cat/kitten we rescue. We believe this is not something that should be considered above and beyond but rather it should be the standard to which all reputable rescues are held accoutable. Our goal for each and every cat/kitten is to live a long, happy and healthy life in their forever home and to attempt to put an to the suffering of homeless cats & kittens on the street of Long Island. Outlined are the steps we take to ensure that dream one day becomes a reality -
1. Tender Loving Cats, Inc. does not take kittens from the street without ensuring we have made every effort to spay and/or rescu the Mother Cat, including covering the cost of spaying. When she is too feral to be rehabilitated she is released back to the exact location in which she was trapped.
2. All cats and kittens accepted into the Tender Loving Cats, Inc. Adoption Program are provided the highest quality of care by local veterinarians. This care does cost our rescue more money they we collect in a adoption fee but we feel strongly that each cat and kitten receive this level of medical care to be healthy and happy. We do not adopt out prior to spay/neuter as we feel this is essential to putting an end to the suffering of homeless cats & kittens on LI. Our cats & kittens are microchipped, tested for both feline aids and leukemia (FIV/FeLV), we fully deworm our cats & kittens and we include all first year vaccines up to and including rabies at 4mths of age at our participating veterinarians on Long Island.
3. We do not adopt our kittens under 4 months of age into a household with no other feline companions as they run the risk of being returned and un-adoptable due to “Single Kitten Syndrome” or “Tarzan Syndrome”.
4. We have an adoption process which includes an interview, we check personal and veterinary reference references and preform a home delivery or home check prior to adoption to ensure both parties are comfortable and the adoption is set up for success.
5. Once a TLC cat/kitten, always a TLC cat/kitten. TLC sticks by our cats 100% which means in 1yr, 5 yrs or 10 yrs if god forbid someone can no longer keep their adopted cat/kitten from TLC we always take them back.
We always suggest doing your own research on any rescues you plan to adopt from and know their procedures, as well as consulting with a veterinarian.