Adoption Donation Fees: $125 Kitten / $200 pair of kittens $100 Adult Cat 1+ years and up $75 Senior Cat 7+ years and up
1. Adoption fees are a donation toward the medical treatment, spay/neuter and daily care of preparing and maintaining a cat/kitten for adoption. Tender Loving Cats, Inc. does not sell animals.
2. All cat/kitten(s) are tested for FIV/FeLV, all age appropriate vaccines including 1st year distemper boosters & rabies vaccines are provided by TLC at a vet of our choosing, cat/kitten(s) are dewormed, flea treated, spayed/neutered & microchipped.
3. All cats and kittens adopted from Tender Loving Cats, Inc. are spayed/neutered prior to adoption as a part of our mission to reduce the numbers of homeless cats and kittens on Long Island. All kittens available for pre-adoption will be spayed/neutered prior to adoption.
4. Since we are a foster based rescue we require that you be an approved applicant before meeting the cat/kitten(s) in foster homes. We also have some of our cat/kitten(s) available to meet today at our PetSmart Charities Adoption Centers located at 1208 Deer Park Ave, N. Babylon, NY and 535 Montauk Hwy, W. Babylon.We have volunteers there Mon-Sat 9-11am & 6-8pm, Sunday 9-11am & 4-6pm. The location of each cat/kitten is written in their description on PetFinder.
5. Complete our adoption application. Ensure that you see a green check mark that says “successfully submitted” and receive a copy of your application to your email. If not, your application may not have been received.
6. Once an Application is submitted you should hear from our adoption committee within 24hrs for an interview. We like to process applications within 24hrs from the interview as long as all references can be reached
7. A home delivery of the cat/kitten is required. Long distance deliveries will be considered on a case by case basis.
8. When choosing the purrfect cat/kitten for your household remember to choose a personality that fits your household over looks. Ask yourself the following questions - Do you have a quiet or busy household? Is it important that a cat or kitten be raised with other cats, dogs or young children? See "Before Adopting a New Cat/Kitten(s)".
• We do not allow potential adopters to bring current cats or dogs to meet the cats or kittens for adoption face to face. Newly adopted cat/kitten(s) require a slow introduction over a minimum of 2 weeks.
• Tender Loving Cats, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization staffed entirely by volunteers who are committed to serving the best interest of the animals in its care. We therefore reserve the right to select the home that best meets the needs of each animal up for adoption. Tender Loving Cats, Inc. reserves the right to deny any application.
Tender Loving Cats, Inc. takes pride in the standard of veterinary care, socialization and adoptive homes we provide to each and every cat/kitten we rescue. We believe this is not something that should be considered above and beyond but rather it should be the standard to which all reputable rescues are held accoutable. Our goal for each and every cat/kitten is to live a long, happy and healthy life in their forever home and to attempt to put an to the suffering of homeless cats & kittens on the street of Long Island. Outlined are the steps we take to ensure that dream one day becomes a reality -
1. Tender Loving Cats, Inc. does not take kittens from the street without ensuring we have made every effort to spay the Mother Cat, including covering the cost of spaying that Mother Cat.
2. All cats and kittens accepted into the Tender Loving Cats, Inc. Adoption Program are provided the highest quality of care by local veterinarians. This care does cost our rescue more money they we collect in a adoption fee but we feel strongly that each cat and kitten receive this level of medical care to be healthy and happy. We do not adopt out prior to spay/neuter as we feel this is essential to putting an end to the suffering of homeless cats & kittens on LI. Our cats & kittens are microchipped, tested for both feline aids and leukemia (FIV/FeLV), we fully deworm our cats & kittens and we include all first year vaccines up to and including rabies at 4mths of age at our participating veterinarians on Long Island.
3. We do not adopt our kittens under 12 weeks of age into a household with no other feline companions as they run the risk of being returned and un-adoptable due to “Single Kitten Syndrome” or “Tarzan Syndrome”. See "Before Adopting a New Cat/Kitten(s)".
4. We have an adoption process which includes an interview, we check personal and veterinary reference references and preform a home delivery or home check prior to adoption to ensure both parties are comfortable and the adoption is set up for success.
5. Once a TLC cat/kitten, always a TLC cat/kitten. TLC sticks by our cats 100% which means in 1yr, 5 yrs or 10 yrs if god forbid someone can no longer keep their adopted cat/kitten from TLC we always take them back.
We always suggest doing your own research on any rescues you plan to adopt from and know their procedures, as well as consulting with a veterinarian.